Advanced marine technologies for advanced marine applications.
With high levels of ballistic and flammability protection, our naval and marine survivability solutions are suited for next-generation, slab-sided low Radar Cross Section (RCS) marine superstructures.
Advantages of naval composite sandwich-panels from Plasan North America:
- Advanced ceramic composite solution increases performance with reduced weight
- Provides flammability protection with advanced phenolic resins to meet military standards
- Pultrusion process allows for straightforward integration and easy installation
- Manufactured in widths up to 10′
- Integration of mounting hardware into finished product eliminates additional labor
Added safety and strength for personnel, aircraft and cargo.
Plasan North America stanchions and safety nets prevent aircraft carrier elevator damage, lost cargo and man-overboard emergencies. Plasan also provides through-life logistics support during product service.
3.5-inch aircraft carrier deck stanchion:
- Flexible macro-composite aircraft elevator barrier
- Returns to original shape after buckling
- Low-cost replacement for corrosion-prone steel stanchions which prevents aircraft elevator operation when bent
7-inch cargo barge deck stanchion:
- Larger stanchion for barge deck edge use
Larger stanchion for barge deck edge use:
- Prevents man-overboard situations with netting-laced stanchion tube frame
- Recovers initial shape after loading
- Resists corrosion
- Reduces acquisition and total ownership cost