Plasan is an expert in survivability solutions for land vehicles, airborne platforms and personal protection.
We provide lightweight, cost effective protection against all levels of ballistic threats, up to STANAG levels 5 and 6, as well as against fragmentation and spalls.
We design composite armor solutions customised to meet with specific customer requirements that include threat levels, weight and cost. Our advanced armor of light weight composite materials exhibits Plasan’s materials expertise, as it can be made of ceramic composite, steel based / steel composite solutions, fabrics and other advanced materials.
Spall liners within the armored vehicle absorb the impact associated with blast and spall, thereby increasing survivability of personnel. Made of lightweight composite materials, Plasan’s spall liners preserve the vehicle’s maneuverability and functionality, and they can be quickly and easily fitted in the field.
OUR BALLISTIC ARMOR DESIGN AND COMPOSITION CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO THREAT LEVEL DEPENDING ON THE MISSION REQUIREMENTS AND ARE BASED ON THE PLATFORM TO PROTECT:
Adding minimal affect on the vehicle’s weight while keeping highest protection levels.
Keeping platform maneuverability, functionality and performance offering not only protection but do it in such a way that the team’s mission readiness is maintained.
Integration & maintainability
Designing the armor solution that it can be quickly and easily fitted.
LINERS BALLISTIC PROTECTION
The spall liner consists of a fibre laminate that can be attached to the turret’s steel floor. Its function is to mitigate potential damage to passengers by IED fragments following an explosion. Glass fiber and polyethylene laminates may also be employed, adjusting the protection level and meeting customer cost requirements.
Blast effects on troops without (left) and with (right) a Spall Liner
- It significantly reduces by an approximate factor of two (2X) the cone angle of fragments produced by capped mine charges (TMRP-6)
- It increases perforation resistance against fragmentation
- It eliminates brittle effects (e.g. plugging and scabbing) and ductile effects (e.g. petaling), significantly enhancing the armoured steel layer’s protective effects
- It provides a first-line isolation layer between the metal floor and the passengers’ feet.
SMART™ BALLISTIC PROTECTION
SMART™ (Super Multi-hit Armor Technology) armor is a ceramic, metal, with or without a third layer of fabric composite. The confined ceramic matrix segments are sized and shaped to offer optimum ballistic performance. This unique confined structure allows freedom for the armor designer to protect complex flat or curved shapes, offering optimal ballistic protection.
- Lightweight solution- weighs dramatically less than a conventional liner
- Simple to deploy by vehicle crew
- Removable- Stores quickly and requires little space
- Reliable and durable
- Increased survivability and passenger protection – significantly reduces spall cone angle
- Does not limit visibility, fits to window areas, folds upward when it is not needed