The Israeli based vehicle manufacturer Plasan officially announced the start of the Type 26 Frigate’s armour production, a key milestone in the armour delivery. The ships will be built by BAE Systems in Glasgow. Read full article here.
These new advanced lightweight armour systems allowed Plasan to win major competitions held by Naval OEMs and Plasan is today teamed to design and produce unique armour systems for new and modern designs of Frigates and Destroyers. Plasan’s new advanced armour systems are:
– Having High Protection Performance;
– Lightweight Armor Solutions;
– Mature Armor Systems – TRL7-8;
– Cost-effective solutions;
– Fully compliant to the most demanding maritime environmental requirements and standards;
– Successfully tested and certified for blast shock loads;
– Applying a unique and advanced installation approach – allows to install the armour without scanning and/or templating every compartment;
– Armour solutions are available for all STANAG4569 Vol.1 threat levels (levels 1 through 6) and also for specific threats mixture according to users’ requirements.